At Citizens Advice we can advise you on all aspects regarding the family, including: separation and divorce, maintenance and child support, parents’ rights and responsibilities, birth and adoption, change of name, what to do when someone dies.
We press for improvements in family law by using our knowledge of how people are affected by the current rules.
For further online information not covered by the areas below, see here.
- My partner and I have separated what do I need to do?
- We can’t come to an agreement about our children, what help is available?
- Can I get information or help when I am looking after people?
- How do I get information on what to do when a family member dies?
- Where can I get information on managing someone affairs?
- I’m worried about my child’s school, where can I turn to for help?