If you are unsure about your employment rights, at Citizens Advice we can advise you about your statutory rights including the minimum wage and holiday pay. If you have a written contract we can advise about the contractural terms and we can give advice about benefits or tax credits you are entitled to when in work. We can advise on discrimination where it is against the Equality Act including discrimination based on race, sex, age, disability, religion or belief.
We can give you practical help by helping you make a claim for unpaid wages, checking redundancy payments are correct, advising on changes to terms and conditions, advising on your employee’s individual rights and identifying possible claims for unfair dismissal.
We press for changes in employment law by using our knowledge of how people are affected by the current rules.
See here for more online information not covered by the faqs below
- Where can I find out about my rights at work?
- Can I find out how to deal with problems at work?
- What are my rights when my work comes to an end?
- I need information about discrimination at work. Where can I find it?
- I want to know more about health and safety at work.
- How are my employment rights effected if I am a young worker?