Our Energy Advice Programme starts this month, in which we can help people to review and reduce their energy costs, discuss saving energy and the availability of energy grants for people who may be struggling with household budgets at the moment. We can also support people to switch energy providers if they would like to do so. It’s a valuable focus on an essential cost, to make everyone aware of the help that exists, so please help us to spread the word.
Contact us on 0808 278 7868 for more information.
An EAP appointment will be tailored advice that helps the client deal with energy related issues such as:
● Understanding tariffs, bills and fuel options
● Advice, information and support in understanding selling methods, switching energy suppliers or tariffs, including carrying out a comparison to identify any financial savings a client may make
● Providing advice on energy efficiency measures, thermal efficiency measures, and identifying grants available including ECO
● Providing benefit entitlement checks and/or assistance in claiming benefits This includes checks for eligibility and applications for Warm Home Discount (WHD), rebates available from energy suppliers and the Priority Services Register
● Support with complaints or customer service issues with an energy company
● Advice on dealing with and reducing fuel debt, including accessing financial support to pay off fuel debts through charitable grants, and ongoing payment plans. This is aimed at giving clients long-term relief from fuel poverty.