We can help with consumer matters by giving you information and advice, and if necessary by helping you with contacting or writing letters to companies.
Best advice is always to do everything possible in advance to avoid problems so, for instance, when buying a second hand car do all the pre-purchase checks outlined on the Citizens Advice website and then, only pay by cash if you are very sure there will be no problems with your purchase.
Remember bank transfer payments into an account are effectively cash payments
With building works always get written quotations and specify completion dates.
Legal action should always be a last resort but we can if necessary tell you about small claims procedures.
There is online information available at: www.citizensadvice.org.uk Consumer Line can also be contacted on 03454 04 05 06
- What are my rights when buying cars and other vehicles?
- Where can find information about problems with builders and home improvements?
- Where can I get help if I have problems with energy suppliers?
- Where can I get help if I have problems with service providers?
- How am I protected by law when I buy goods and services?
- Are there template letters I can write?